Wait…do I swear too much? Anyway. I’m sitting on a plane flying from New York back to my beloved LA. There is someone in and out of my life that I care about very deeply and they aren’t being the best version of themselves. Watching their struggle has inspired me to share with you a few things that are massive influences in our life that hugely shape who we are and the standards at which we hold ourselves to and the level we operate at.
1. The People You Share Your World With: It is IMPERATIVE that the people who surround you are high caliber individuals who you respect and hold in high esteem. My mom used to say to me “when you sleep with dogs, you get fleas”. I used to scream at her (I have a reformed temper issue) because I thought that was THE most annoying phrase. The older I get the more I realize how beyond true that statement is. The people who surround you are direct reflections of you. Guess what? Embarrassing, low quality people make you look like an embarrassing, low quality person. This is just facts baby, so get with it.
2. How You Treat Your Body On a Consistent Basis: My rule is generally 80/20. 80 percent of the time I am eating very clean, exercising at least 5 days a week, drinking plenty of water, and staying away from alcohol. The other 20 percent of the time, I’m not worried about it. I have some drinks, eat some bread and a cookie or whatever I’m being an obsessive freak about (I have a very powerful obsessive streak in me). This is balance. This matters. If you aren’t treating yourself well and aren’t consciously thinking about providing your amazing body with the nutrients it needs to be its best, don’t you think this is a reflection of how you truly feel about yourself? I think I’m a god damn queen, honestly. And a queen eats like a queen! She rests like a queen, thinks like one, treats herself like one, and ONLY allows the people in her life to treat her as royalty, nothing less. This self worship is imperative for you to soar to the heights you are meant to go. THINK about what you are putting into your body (sexual partners included, just sayin’).
3. What You Fill Your Consciousness With: The books you read, the music you listen to (I mean the majority of what I listen to is misogynistic garbage but I’m a slave to a bangin ass beat so that won’t be changing), the accounts you follow on social media, the TV you watch, etc. Enrich yourself! Go read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho right now. Seriously. Follow accounts that have something to teach you other than whatever celebrity bullshit people love to talk about. Listen to music that makes you wiggle and happy to be alive and makes ya feel ya damn self. Journal. Reflect. Look inward in order to grow upward and outward. You have access to so much incredible information at all times of the day by being the owner of a smart phone. Take advantage of that. If you are curious about something, google it. If you find that your vocabulary is stale and dull, google synonyms and a list of new and refreshing words will pop up in nano seconds. Refine yourself.
4. CONFIDENCE: I cannot emphasize the power of confidence enough. It is something you can feel in someones energy the second they step into a room and WOW is that a super power and so attractive. It makes people want to work with you and know you on a subconscious level. If you don’t believe in you and think that you’re dope as fuck, how can you expect others to? What helps breed confidence is being on a work grind and working on yourself. Right now I want you to sit up tall. Roll your shoulders back. Pull your bellybutton towards your spine and feel your core engage. Lift your chin up. Take a big inhale, expanding your ribs. Pause with this breath within you for just a few moments, then slowly exhale. Repeat a few more times. Maybe close your eyes. Now think to yourself “you’re one bad mother fucker and I love you and I am going to be gentle and patient with you. Thank you”.
No, really, thank you. Thank you thank you thank you. When you read and appreciate my words, my purpose on this planet is reaffirmed. There is nothing that makes me happier than assisting you in any possible way towards being the best version of yourself. Now go have a lovely day.